A traditional Japanese favourite, Genmaicha or brown rice tea, is a blend of bancha steamed green tea and roasted brown rice. This aromatic blended tea brings together pleasant, vegetal flavour and a toasty, popcorn like aroma.
Once brewed, this tea has a light yellow hue and is quite mild to drink. The taste is nutty and has a subtle aroma of roasted rice, which helps balance the bitterness. If drank often, this tea has some very beneficial health benefits.
Health Benefits Genmaicha Tea
1) Antioxidants -Theteaoffers an array of antioxidants such as caronteids and ascorbic acid. If drank on a regular basis it can help boost your immune system and also helps drain the toxins from your body.Green Teahas a higher total antioxidants then black tea and even more then some vegetables. Wow!
2) Lower Blood Pressure-Green tea is a proven force against hypertension. It helps to lower your blood pressure so the rest of your body can be at ease.
3) Cancer Prevention -Catechins, a type of natural phenol and antioxidant within theGenmaicha Teahelps fight cancer causing cells.
4) Heart Health-Drinking green tea on a regular basis helps lower your risk of developing heart disease.
5) Relaxation -Genmaicha has an active ingredient called theanine, which communicates with your brain and has a soothing relaxation feeling.
Tasting Notes: Genmaicha is a traditional Japanese green tea. The lovely vegetal green flavor, indicative of Japan's steaming process, is balanced by the nutty flavor imparted by the roasted rice. The combination becomes an earthy tea that is as soothing to the soul as chicken noodle soup. Light smooth with sweet nutty undertones.
How to Steep / Ingredients
Use 1-1.5 tsp of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 175 degrees and steep for 2 minutes. For stronger flavour, use more tea leaves.
P.S- Every tea comes in a Oxi-Bio degradable paper pack and i put my utmost care and love to pack every single tea that is shipped.If you want a tea caddie you can pay extra and purchase it from the store tea-ware collection.